Saturday 4 July 2009

Mayfield School Multicultural Day

I was asked to speak about community cohesion and the impact Redbridge Carnival has on bringing communities together, at the wonderful Mayfield School Multicultural Day.

For your information Redbridge Carnival returns to Valentines Park on the 5th and 6th September from 12:00 - 20:00 both days and will be a free entry event.




Whilst there I met our Worshipful Mayor of Redbridge Councillor Chan, who was full of good humour and spoke about the Council's view of Community Cohesion.





The army and the Fire service provided demonstrations and fun events. I think I got a little carried away...!







I impressed the Army recruiting division on site as I am 34 and beat a 16 year old on an assault course for which he had previously undergone extensive training on. I was also told by a TA responsible for the workshop that my grenade lob was the lengthiest of any civilian he had encountered. I was best pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment